Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 resolution + Daily writing goal = Book

This year I will write 250 words a day (or 1,750 words a week) without fail. In fact, I hope to increase this number to 500/day. This year I will finish the first draft of a book. This year my crit partners will expect an email with new material from me every single day. Oh, and I guess maybe I'll go on a diet or something too. :P

Not only is this goal important to helping me build a good habit of writing something, anything (hey, 250 is nothing) every day, but I also get to add this nifty banner to my blog (look on the right sidebar! ^-^), courtesy of Inkygirl.com  

http://www.inkygirl.com/inkygirl-main/2010/12/20/1000-500-and-250-words-a-day-personal-writer-challenge-with.html

You know you want a banner too! I'm going to try to post a tiny snippet from what I write every day in the "Show and Tell" on the side bar, so check back every day to keep me in check. XD

If I can figure it out, I might add a chat/comment thing on the sidebar for you guys to post your own 'daily snippets' from what you've written that day (but you only get to post if you met your goal for that day!). This sounds like fun, I'm curious to see what you guys are writing! :D

EDIT: Ok, so I couldn't figure out how to add a chat thingy (honestly, I don't even know how to reply to comments on this blog... I'm used to LiveJournal). So, instead, maybe I'll just make my daily snippet and actual post, and you guys can share your snippets in the comments? Tell me what you think. :)
Happy writing! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your goal! I love the title of your blog. Note to Shelf. Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete