Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Music that inspires

I'm not the type of person who can listen to music while writing. In fact, I can't even have the T.V. on, or sit in the same room as people who are talking. I get distracted really easily.

I wish I could though. Because there is some amazing music out there, and it's so good for inspiring/setting the right mood!

I.Love.Fairy Tales.

So I often find songs that sound very fairy tale-like to me. Or adventure-like. Or anything that sounds like a 'book' I would read, lol. In fact, I would die happy if there were music genres like "Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-fi". O.M.G. I would die from happiness.

Could you imagine a soundtrack like that? If the lyrics of a song told stories like the ones you most love to read. Beauty and the Beast for example.

You'll never know when things will change
Father got lost in the forest, now he's in chains
It's ok, the decision I've made
My life for his, I'll make you a trade

Or something like that... Could you imagine an entire song that told that story? It would rock my world.

Anyways, every now and then I find songs that have that feel to me, so I thought I'd share them :D

Rabbit Heart -Florence and the Machine
Viva la Vida -Cold Play
The soldier and the Queen -Suzanne Vega

I love these songs. They tell a story (I know a ton of songs tell a story, but these feel like stories that could be books. I dont know what I'm saying...They're just different somehow?). In Rabbit Heart, and Viva la Vida, it's the protagonist singing to you. That's how I see it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment